Camp Abilities Flagstaff
Camp Abilities Flagstaff is an educational sports camp for young people with visual impairments located in Flagstaff, AZ. CAF seeks to empower children who are visually impaired, blind, and deafblind by encouraging participation in sports and physical activities, and fostering self-advocacy for adaptations and modifications that will lead to increased independence and success.
Camp Abilities Flagstaff seeks to empower children by:
- Teaching athletic skills such as basketball, swimming, rock climbing and hiking;
- Encouraging participants to become confident and competent in sports, recreation and physical activity;
- Encouraging participants to seek out opportunities in their communities;
- Fostering independence and empowerment through participation in camp programs; and
- Teaching staff, family members and community members about modifications and strategies for including children with visual impairments in athletic and recreational activities.